More than a destination, Keren's Place is a state of mind. Find out why busy people love to return every year, with their pets, to enjoy the unique, rustic charm of Keren's Place. Welcome to your beach Cottage home-away-from-home where you can forget about the pressures of life.
Ease into stillness in the lush garden, sit on the deck and watch the waves and birdlife or enjoy the warmth of the open fire inside. Escape to a special place in time where you can relax and enjoy the beauty and harmony that nature has to offer in a cosy fully self-contained 2BR Cottage . Enjoy your own relaxing home-away-from-home, just 100m from the beach, on the Great Ocean Road.
The covered deck provides an outdoor setting, bamboo blinds for privacy, and your own BBQ area. The garden has a lawned area, hammock and additional outdoor settings to relax in privacy. Fully fenced and secure for pets.
Keren's Place is 15 mins from Lorne, just around the corner from Wye River 1km, 15 minute walk via Paddy's Path across the hill and a perfect base for day trips to tourist attractions along the Great Ocean Road.
Plan to stay for at least 2 nights so that you can really relax. We know that you cannot relax completely if you know that you have to pack up again in the morning. For this reason we prefer a minimum stay of 2 nights 3 nights for Long Weekends.
Also available is a cosy Unit-for-Two see also Keren's Place Unit-for-Two, under the same roof, available separately or together.
The 2BR COTTAGE has a wood fire, wheelchair access and disabled facilities. Access is via the ramp to the right of the house. Fully self-contained with TV, DVD, CD, Free-to-Air satellite TV, all cooking facilities, crockery and cutlery, microwave. The main BR has QS bed, second BR has double bunk double on the bottom, single on the top. Sleeps 5.
The back yard has a lovely lawn area and garden. Fully fenced, with narrow pool fencing across the front and at side entrances. OK for toddlers and larger dogs that will not jump over.
- Fully self-contained with plenty of extras " a home away from home
- 100 metres to the beach
- Pets welcome, yard fenced
- Cosy wood fire for your comfort
- Sleeps 5
- 2 night minimum stay 3 nights for Long Weekends
- Entry available via mobile phone app downloaded prior to your stay
- Please note that Telstra mobile reception is good, no coverage at Sep for Optus and other carriers
- BR 1 has QS bed
- BR2 has double bunk double on bottom, single on top
- All beds have mattress toppers for your comfort
- Doonas, doona covers, pillows and extra blankets are provided.
- Guests bring their own linen sheets, pillow cases, bath towels and tea towels. Also bath mats and hand towels if required.
- The shower is an open shower base with a hand-held shower head.
- Support rails are provided in the shower and next to the toilet
- We provide toiletries from the luxurious Serendipity range of products for your convenience - HandBody Wash, Shampoo, Conditioner and Hand Lotion. These products are enriched with moisturising and restorative ingredients including botanical oils. They are free from parabens, sodium laurel sulphate, SLS & SLES and do not contain animal-derived ingredients or artificial colours, and are never tested on animals.
- Kitchen is fully equipped with cooking facilities
- Electric stove with hotplates, griller and oven
- Microwave, electric jug, electric frying pan, toaster
- All crockery and cutlery provided
- Coffee, tea and a selection of herbal teas are provided for your convenience
- Dining table with 6 chairs
- 3-seater lounge with 2 chairs
- CD/Radio wall-mounted with Ipod or MP3 player input
- TV, DVDBlu-Ray player
- Selection of games available
- Spacious deck under cover ramp access with outdoor setting and bamboo blinds for privacy
- Gas BBQ under cover in outside concreted area
- Outdoor setting under cover in BBQ area
- Lawn area for games or relaxing. Hammock provided
- Yard is fenced with gates across the ramp and walkway " ideal for pets or young children
- Wheelchair access and bathroom facilities for elderly or disabled
2BR Cottage Disabled Facilities:
- Ramp for easy wheelchair access and concrete path to BBQ and outdoor area under cover
Additional Facilities available on request:
Approx 2.5 hours from Melbourne
Approx 1.5 hours from Geelong - leisurely drive
15 mins from Lorne, towards Apollo Bay
20 mins from Apollo Bay, towards Lorne
1 min from Wye River 10 min walk